Definitions of uphill:
- noun: the upward slope of a hill
- adjective: hard to overcome or surmount
Example: "An uphill battle against a popular incumbant"
- adjective: sloping upward
- adverb: upward on a hill or incline
Example: "This street lay uphill"
- adverb: against difficulties
Example: "She was talking uphill"
Search for uphill at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse