Definitions of upright:
- noun: a piano with a vertical sounding board
- noun: a vertical structural member as a post or stake
Example: "The ball sailed between the uprights"
- adjective: in a vertical position; not sloping
Example: "An upright post"
- adjective: maintaining an erect position
- adjective: upright in position or posture
Example: "He sat bolt upright"
- adjective: of moral excellence
Example: "An upright and respectable man"
- adjective: erect in posture
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #25947)
Search for upright at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse