Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of utility:
- noun: the service provided by a utility company
- noun: a facility composed of one or more pieces of equipment connected to or part of a structure and designed to provide a service such as heat or electricity or water or sewage disposal
- noun: the quality of being of practical use
- noun: a company that performs a public service; subject to government regulation
- noun: (economics) a measure that is to be maximized in any situation involving choice
- noun: (computer science) a program designed for general support of the processes of a computer
Example: "A computer system provides utility programs to perform the tasks needed by most users"
Search for utility at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...