Synonyms / Related
Definitions of variant:
- noun: something a little different from others of the same type
Example: "An emery wheel is a modern variant of the grindstone"
- noun: (biology) a group of organisms within a species that differ in trivial ways from similar groups
- noun: a variable quantity that is random
- noun: an event that departs from expectations
- adjective: differing from a norm or standard
Example: "A variant spelling"
Search for variant at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...