Definitions of variety:
- noun: a difference that is usually pleasant
Example: "He goes to France for variety"
- noun: (biology) a taxonomic category consisting of members of a species that differe from others of the same species in minor but heritable characteristics
- noun: a show consisting of a series of short unrelated performances
- noun: noticeable heterogeneity
Example: "The range and variety of his work is amazing"
- noun: a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality
- noun: a collection containing a variety of sorts of things
Example: "He had a variety of disorders"
Search for variety at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse