Definitions of veil:
- noun: a garment that covers the head and face
- noun: a vestment worn by a priest at High Mass in the Roman Catholic Church; a silk shawl
- noun: the inner embryonic membrane of higher vertebrates (especially when covering the head at birth)
- verb: to obscure, or conceal with or as if with a veil
Example: "Women in Afghanistan veil their faces"
- verb: make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing
Example: "A veiled threat"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #36581)
Search for veil at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse