Definitions of vein:
- noun: one of the horny ribs that stiffen and support the wing of an insect
- noun: a blood vessel that carries blood from the capillaries toward the heart; all veins except the pulmonary carry unaerated blood
- noun: a distinctive style or manner
Example: "He continued in this vein for several minutes"
- noun: a layer of ore between layers of rock
- noun: any of the vascular bundles or ribs that form the branching framework of conducting and supporting tissues in a leaf or other plant organ
- verb: make a veinlike pattern
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #76599)
Search for vein at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse