Synonyms / Related
Definitions of vein:
- noun: one of the horny ribs that stiffen and support the wing of an insect
- noun: a blood vessel that carries blood from the capillaries toward the heart; all veins except the pulmonary carry unaerated blood
- noun: a distinctive style or manner
Example: "He continued in this vein for several minutes"
- noun: a layer of ore between layers of rock
- noun: any of the vascular bundles or ribs that form the branching framework of conducting and supporting tissues in a leaf or other plant organ
- verb: make a veinlike pattern
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #76599)
Search for vein at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...