Definitions of venture:
- noun: any venturesome undertaking especially one with an uncertain outcome
- noun: a commercial undertaking that risks a loss but promises a profit
- noun: an investment that is very risky but could yield great profits
- verb: proceed somewhere despite the risk of possible dangers
Example: "We ventured into the world of high-tech and bought a supercomputer"
- verb: put at risk
- verb: put forward, of a guess, in spite of possible refutation
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #53593)
Search for venture at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse