Definitions of vest:
- noun: a man's sleeveless garment worn underneath a coat
- noun: a collarless men's undergarment for the upper part of the body
- verb: become legally vested
Example: "The property vests in the trustees"
- verb: place (authority, property, or rights) in the control of a person or group of persons
Example: "She vested her vast fortune in her two sons"
- verb: clothe formally; especially in ecclesiastical robes
- verb: clothe oneself in ecclesiastical garments
- verb: provide with power and authority
Example: "They vested the council with special rights"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2776)
Search for vest at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse