Definitions of wait:
- noun: the act of waiting (remaining inactive in one place while expecting something)
Example: "The wait was an ordeal for him"
- noun: time during which some action is awaited
- verb: serve as a waiter in a restaurant
Example: "I'm waiting on tables at Maxim's"
- verb: stay in one place and anticipate or expect something
Example: "I had to wait on line for an hour to get the tickets"
- verb: wait before acting
- verb: look forward to the probable occurrence of
Example: "He is waiting to be drafted"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #10691)
Search for wait at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse