Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of warm:
- verb: make warm or warmer
Example: "The blanket will warm you"
- verb: get warm or warmer
Example: "The soup warmed slowly on the stove"
- adjective: having or producing a comfortable and agreeable degree of heat or imparting or maintaining heat
Example: "A warm body"
- adjective: psychologically warm; friendly and responsive
Example: "A warm greeting"
- adjective: (color) inducing the impression of warmth; used especially of reds and oranges and yellows
Example: "Warm reds and yellows and orange"
- adjective: of a seeker; near to the object sought
Example: "You're getting warm"
- adjective: uncomfortable because of possible danger or trouble
Example: "Made things warm for the bookies"
- adjective: characterized by liveliness or excitement or disagreement
Example: "A warm debate"
- adjective: characterized by strong enthusiasm
Example: "Warm support"
- adjective: easily aroused or excited
Example: "A warm temper"
- adjective: freshly made or left
Example: "A warm trail"
- adjective: having or displaying warmth or affection
Example: "A warm embrace"
- adverb: in a warm manner
Example: "Warmly dressed"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #32600)
Search for warm at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse