Definitions of weighty:
- adjective: having relatively great weight; heavy
Example: "A weighty load"
- adjective: weighing heavily on the spirit; causing anxiety or worry
Example: "Weighty problems"
- adjective: powerfully persuasive
Example: "A weighty argument"
- adjective: excessively fat
Example: "A weighty man"
- adjective: of great gravity or crucial import; requiring serious thought
Example: "The weighty matters to be discussed at the peace conference"
Search for weighty at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse