Definitions of whitewash:
- noun: a specious or deceptive clearing that attempts to gloss over failings and defects
- noun: wash consisting of lime and size in water; used for whitening walls and other surfaces
- noun: a defeat in which the losing person or team fails to score
- verb: cover up a misdemeanor, fault, or error
Example: "Let's not whitewash the crimes of Stalin"
- verb: exonerate by means of a perfunctory investigation or through biased presentation of data
- verb: cover with whitewash
Example: "Whitewash walls"
Search for whitewash at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse