Get our highly rated iPhone/iPad or Android RhymeZone apps!
Definitions of window:
- noun: a framework of wood or metal that contains a glass windowpane and is built into a wall or roof to admit light or air
- noun: a transparent opening in a vehicle that allow vision out of the sides or back; usually is capable of being opened
- noun: a transparent panel (as of an envelope) inserted in an otherwise opaque material
- noun: (computer science) a rectangular part of a computer screen that contains a display different from the rest of the screen
- noun: an opening in the wall of a building (usually to admit light and air)
Example: "He stuck his head in the window"
- noun: an opening that resembles a window in appearance or function
Example: "He could see them through a window in the trees"
- noun: the time period that is considered best for starting or finishing something
Example: "The expanded window will give us time to catch the thieves"
- noun: a pane in a window
Example: "The ball shattered the window"
Search for window at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse