Definitions of wire:
- noun: ligament made of metal and used to fasten things or make cages or fences etc
- noun: a metal conductor that carries electricity over a distance
- noun: the finishing line on a racetrack
- noun: a message transmitted by telegraph
- verb: provide with electrical circuits
Example: "Wire the addition to the house"
- verb: fasten with wire
Example: "The columns were wired to the beams for support"
- verb: string on a wire
Example: "Wire beads"
- verb: equip for use with electricity
- verb: send cables, wires, or telegrams
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #17919)
Search for wire at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse