Definitions of world:
- noun: all of your experiences that determine how things appear to you
Example: "His world was shattered"
- noun: all of the inhabitants of the earth
Example: "All the world loves a lover"
- noun: people in general; especially a distinctive group of people with some shared interest
Example: "The Western world"
- noun: a part of the earth that can be considered separately
Example: "The outdoor world"
- noun: the 3rd planet from the sun; the planet on which we live
Example: "He sailed around the world"
- noun: the concerns of the world as distinguished from heaven and the afterlife
Example: "They consider the church to be independent of the world"
- noun: people in general considered as a whole
- noun: everything that exists anywhere
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #24081)
Search for world at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse