Definitions of yoke:
- noun: stable gear that joins two draft animals at the neck so they can work together as a team
- noun: fabric comprising a fitted part at the top of a garment
- noun: a connection (like a clamp or vise) between two things so they move together
- noun: support consisting of a wooden frame across the shoulders that enables a person to carry buckets hanging from each end
- noun: a pair of draft animals joined by a yoke
Example: "Pulled by a yoke of oxen"
- noun: an oppresssive power
Example: "Under the yoke of a tyrant"
- noun: two items of the same kind
- verb: put a yoke on or join with a yoke
Example: "Yoke the draft horses together"
- verb: link with or as with a yoke
Example: "Yoke the oxen together"
- verb: become joined or linked together
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #34371)
Search for yoke at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...