Definitions of amount:
- noun: how much of something is available
Example: "An adequate amount of food for four people"
- noun: a quantity obtained by addition
- noun: how much there is of something that you can quantify
- noun: a quantity of money
Example: "The amount he had in cash was insufficient"
- verb: be tantamount or equivalent to
Example: "Her action amounted to a rebellion"
- verb: develop into
Example: "This idea will never amount to anything"
- verb: add up in number or quantity
Example: "The bills amounted to $2,000"
Search for amount at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse