Definitions of antiseptic:
- noun: a substance that destroys micro-organisms that carry disease without harming body tissues
- adjective: thoroughly clean and free of or destructive to disease-causing organisms
Example: "Doctors in antiseptic green coats"
- adjective: made free from live bacteria or other microorganisms
- adjective: freeing from error or corruption
Example: "The antiseptic effect of sturdy criticism"
- adjective: (extended sense) of exceptionally clean language
Example: "Lyrics as antiseptic as Sunday School"
- adjective: clean and honest
Example: "Antiseptic financial practices"
Search for antiseptic at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia