Definitions of back up:
- verb: make a copy of (a computer file) especially for storage in another place as a security cop
Example: "You'd better back up these files!"
- verb: move backwards from a certain position
- verb: establish as valid or genuine
Example: "Can you back up your claims?"
- verb: give moral or psychological support, aid, or courage to
- verb: become or cause to become obstructed
Search for back up at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse