Definitions of Earth:
- noun: the abode of mortals (as contrasted with heaven or hell)
Example: "It was hell on earth"
- noun: the 3rd planet from the sun; the planet on which we live
Example: "The Earth moves around the sun"
- noun: the loose soft material that makes up a large part of the land surface
Example: "They dug into the earth outside the church"
- noun: once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles)
- noun: a connection between an electrical device and the earth (which is a zero voltage)
- noun: the solid part of the earth's surface
Example: "The earth shook for several minutes"
- noun: the concerns of the world as distinguished from heaven and the afterlife
- verb: hide in the earth like a hunted animal
- verb: connect to the earth
Example: "Earth the circuit"
Search for Earth at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse