Definitions of harsh:
- adjective: extremely unkind or cruel
Example: "Had harsh words"
- adjective: unpleasantly stern
Example: "Wild and harsh country full of hot sand and cactus"
- adjective: disagreeable to the senses
Example: "The harsh cry of a blue jay"
- adjective: sharply disagreeable; rigorous
Example: "The harsh facts of court delays"
- adjective: severe
Example: "A harsh penalty"
- adjective: used of circumstances (especially weather) that cause suffering
Example: "A harsh climate"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #9962)
Search for harsh at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse