Definitions of hush:
- noun: (poetic) tranquil silence
- verb: run water over the ground to erode (soil), revealing the underlying strata and valuable minerals
- verb: wash by removing particles
- verb: become quiet or still; fall silent
Example: "Hush my babay!"
- verb: cause to be quiet or not talk
- verb: become quiet or quieter
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #63171)
Search for hush at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse