Definitions of imprint:
- noun: a device produced by pressure on a surface
- noun: a distinctive influence
Example: "English stills bears the imprint of the Norman invasion"
- noun: an impression produced by pressure or printing
- noun: an identification of a publisher; a publisher's name along with the date and address and edition that is printed at the bottom of the title page
Example: "The book was publsihed under a distinguished imprint"
- noun: a concavity in a surface produced by pressing
- verb: establish or impress firmly in the mind
Example: "We imprint our ideas onto our children"
- verb: mark or stamp with or as if with pressure
Search for imprint at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse