Definitions of let:
- noun: a serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court; the ball must be served again
- noun: the most brutal terrorist group active in Kashmir; fights against India with the goal of restoring Islamic rule of India
- verb: make it possible through a specific action or lack of action for something to happen
- verb: leave unchanged
Example: "Let it be"
- verb: actively cause something to happen
Example: "I let it be known that I was not interested"
- verb: grant use or occupation of under a term of contract
- verb: cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition
Example: "This let me in for a big surprise"
- verb: consent to, give permission
Example: "I won't let the police search her basement"
Search for let at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse