Definitions of nick:
- noun: a small cut
- noun: an impression in a surface (as made by a blow)
- verb: divide or reset the tail muscles of
Example: "Nick horses"
- verb: mate successfully; of livestock
- verb: cut a nick into
- verb: cut slightly, with a razor
Example: "The barber's knife nicked his cheek"
- name: A male given name (common: 1 in 2325 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #308)
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #9415)
Search for nick at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse