Definitions of opposition:
- noun: a body of people united in opposing something
- noun: a political party opposed to the party in power and prepared to replace it if elected
Example: "Her Majesty's loyal opposition"
- noun: a contestant that you are matched against
- noun: a direction opposite to another
- noun: the relation between opposed entities
- noun: the action of opposing something that you disapprove or disagree with
Example: "Despite opposition from the newspapers he went ahead"
- noun: the act of opposing groups confronting each other
Example: "The invaders encountered stiff opposition"
- noun: an armed adversary (especially a member of an opposing military force)
Search for opposition at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse