The RhymeZone Poetry Contest is back.
Definitions of position:
- noun: the act of positing; an assumption taken as a postulate or axiom
- noun: a job in an organization
- noun: (in team sports) the role assigned to an individual player
Example: "What position does he play?"
- noun: the spatial property of a place where or way in which something is situated
Example: "The position of the hands on the clock"
- noun: position or arrangement of the body and its limbs
- noun: a rationalized mental attitude
- noun: a way of regarding situations or topics etc.
- noun: the particular portion of space occupied by a physical object
- noun: the appropriate or customary location
Example: "The cars were in position"
- noun: the function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another
- noun: an item on a list or in a sequence
Example: "Moved from third to fifth position"
- noun: an opinion that is held in opposition to another in an argument or dispute
- noun: a point occupied by troops for tactical reasons
- noun: a condition or position in which you find yourself
Example: "The unpleasant situation (or position) of having to choose between two evils"
- noun: the relative position or standing of things or especially persons in a society
Example: "Atheists do not enjoy a favorable position in American life"
- noun: the act of putting something in a certain place or location
- verb: cause to be in an appropriate place, state, or relation
- verb: put into a certain place or abstract location
Search for position at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse