Definitions of rent:
- noun: the act of rending or ripping or splitting something
- noun: a regular payment by a tenant to a landlord for use of some property
- noun: an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart
- noun: the return derived from cultivated land in excess of that derived from the poorest land cultivated under similar conditions
- verb: let for money
Example: "We rented our apartment to friends while we were abroad"
- verb: hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services
- verb: engage for service under a term of contract
Example: "Let's rent a car"
- verb: grant use or occupation of under a term of contract
Search for rent at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse