Definitions of save:
- noun: (sports) the act of preventing the opposition from scoring
Example: "The goalie made a brilliant save"
- verb: to keep up and reserve for personal or special use
Example: "She saved the old family photographs in a drawer"
- verb: feather one's nest; have a nest egg
Example: "He saves half his salary"
- verb: spend less; buy at a reduced price
- verb: spend sparingly, avoid the waste of
Example: "This move will save money"
- verb: bring into safety
- verb: make unnecessary an expenditure or effort
Example: "This will save money"
- verb: refrain from harming
- verb: save from sins
- verb: retain rights to
- verb: save from ruin, destruction, or harm
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #39321)
Search for save at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia