Definitions of scoop:
- noun: a large ladle
Example: "He used a scoop to serve the ice cream"
- noun: the shovel or bucket of dredge or backhoe
- noun: the quantity a scoop will hold
- noun: a hollow concave shape made by removing something
- noun: street names for gamma hydroxybutyrate
- noun: a news report that is reported first by one news organization
Example: "He got a scoop on the bribery of city officials"
- verb: take out or up with or as if with a scoop
Example: "Scoop the sugar out of the container"
- verb: get the better of
Search for scoop at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia