Definitions of static:
- noun: angry criticism
Example: "They will probably give you a lot of static about your editorial"
- noun: a crackling or hissing noise cause by electrical interference
- adjective: showing little if any change
Example: "A static population"
- adjective: not active or moving
Example: "A static village community and a completely undynamic type of agriculture"
- adjective: concerned with or producing or caused by static electricity
Example: "An electrostatic generator produces high-voltage static electricity"
- adjective: not in physical motion
Search for static at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse