Definitions of survey:
- noun: a detailed critical inspection
- noun: the act of looking or seeing or observing
Example: "His survey of the battlefield was limited"
- noun: short descriptive summary (of events)
- verb: look over in a comprehensively, inspect
Example: "He surveyed his new classmates"
- verb: consider in a comprehensive way
- verb: plot a map of (land)
- verb: make a survey of; for statistical purposes
- verb: keep under surveillance
- verb: hold a review (of troops)
Search for survey at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse