Definitions of thin:
- verb: make thin or thinner
Example: "Thin the solution"
- verb: lose thickness; become thin or thinner
- verb: lessen the strength or flavor of a solution or mixture
- verb: take off weight
- adjective: (of sound) lacking resonance or volume
Example: "A thin feeble cry"
- adjective: lacking spirit or sincere effort
Example: "A thin smile"
- adjective: of relatively small extent from one surface to the opposite or in cross section
Example: "Thin wire"
- adjective: relatively thin in consistency or low in density; not viscous
Example: "Air is thin at high altitudes"
- adjective: lacking excess flesh
Example: "You can't be too rich or too thin"
- adjective: very narrow
Example: "A thin line across the page"
- adjective: not dense
Example: "A thin beard"
- adjective: having little substance or significance
Example: "A thin plot"
- adverb: without viscosity
Example: "The blood was flowing thin"
Search for thin at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse