Definitions of thrash:
- noun: a swimming kick used while treading water
- verb: give a thrashing to; beat hard
- verb: beat the seeds out of a grain
- verb: move data into and out of core rather than performing useful computation
Example: "The system is thrashing again!"
- verb: beat so fast that (the heart's) output starts dropping until (it) does not manage to pump out blood at all
- verb: beat thoroughly in a competition or fight
- verb: move or stir about violently
Example: "The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed"
- verb: dance the slam dance
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #4277)
Search for thrash at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse