Definitions of appointment:
- noun: (law) the act of disposing of property by virtue of the power of appointment
Example: "She allocated part of the trust to her church by appointment"
- noun: the act of putting a person into a non-elective position
Example: "The appointment had to be approved by the whole committee"
- noun: the job to which you are (or hope to be) appointed
Example: "He applied for an appointment in the treasury"
- noun: (usually plural) furnishings and equipment (especially for a ship or hotel)
- noun: a meeting arranged in advance
- noun: a person who is appointed to a job or position
Search for appointment at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse