Definitions of distill:
- verb: undergo the process of distillation
- verb: extract by the process of distillation
Example: "Distill the essence of this compound"
- verb: give off (a liquid)
Example: "The doctor distilled a few drops of disinfectant onto the wound"
- verb: undergo condensation; change from a gaseous to a liquid state and fall in drops
Example: "The acid distills at a specific temperature"
- verb: remove impurities from, increase the concentration of, and separate through the process of distillation
Search for distill at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse