Definitions of education:
- noun: the profession of teaching (especially at a school or college or university)
- noun: the activities of educating or instructing or teaching; activities that impart knowledge or skill
Example: "He received no formal education"
- noun: the result of good upbringing (especially knowledge of correct social behavior)
- noun: the gradual process of acquiring knowledge
Example: "Education is a preparation for life"
- noun: knowledge acquired by learning and instruction
Example: "It was clear that he had a very broad education"
- noun: the United States federal department that administers all federal programs dealing with education (including federal aid to educational institutions and students); created 1979
Search for education at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse