Definitions of gallant:
- noun: a man who attends or escorts a woman
- noun: a man who is much concerned with his dress and appearance
- adjective: having or displaying great dignity or nobility
Example: "A gallant pageant"
- adjective: unflinching in battle or action
Example: "A gallant warrior"
- adjective: lively and spirited
- adjective: having the qualities of gallantry attributed to an ideal knight
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2840)
Search for gallant at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse