Definitions of golden:
- adjective: suggestive of gold
Example: "A golden voice"
- adjective: marked by peace and prosperity
Example: "A golden era"
- adjective: made from or covered with gold
Example: "The golden calf"
- adjective: very favorable or advantageous
Example: "A golden opportunity"
- adjective: supremely favored or fortunate
Example: "Golden lads and girls all must / like chimney sweepers come to dust"
- adjective: having the deep slightly brownish color of gold
Example: "Long aureate (or golden) hair"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 5263 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #622)
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 100000 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3969)
Search for golden at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse