Definitions of implication:
- noun: an accusation that brings into intimate and usually incriminating connection
- noun: a relation implicated by virtue of involvement or close connection (especially an incriminating involvement)
Example: "He was suspected of implication in several robberies"
- noun: a logical relation between propositions p and q of the form `if p then q'; if p is true then q cannot be false
- noun: something that is inferred (deduced or entailed or implied)
Example: "His resignation had political implications"
- noun: a meaning that is not expressly stated but can be inferred
Example: "The expectation was spread both by word and by implication"
Search for implication at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse