Definitions of litter:
- noun: conveyance consisting of a chair or bed carried on two poles by bearers
- noun: the offspring at one birth of a multiparous mammal
- noun: rubbish carelessly dropped or left about (especially in public places)
- noun: material used to provide a bed for animals
- verb: strew
Example: "Cigar butts littered the ground"
- verb: give birth to a litter of animals
- verb: make a place messy by strewing garbage around
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #70708)
Search for litter at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse