Definitions of much:
- noun: a great amount or extent
Example: "They did much for humanity"
- adverb: (degree adverb used before a noun phrase) for all practical purposes but not completely
Example: "Much the same thing happened every time"
- adverb: very
Example: "He was much annoyed"
- adverb: to a great degree or extent
Example: "She's much better now"
- adverb: frequently or in great quantities
Example: "I don't drink much"
- adverb: to a very great degree or extent
Example: "We enjoyed ourselves very much"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #50300)
Search for much at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse