Definitions of painted:
- adjective: lacking substance or vitality as if produced by painting
Example: "In public he wore a painted smile"
- adjective: coated with paint
Example: "Freshly painted lawn furniture"
- adjective: having makeup applied
Example: "Brazen painted faces"
- adjective: represented in a painting
Example: "As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean"
- adjective: having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly
Example: "The painted desert"
Search for painted at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse