Definitions of pretend:
- noun: the enactment of a pretense
Example: "It was just pretend"
- verb: put forward a claim and assert right or possession of
Example: "Pretend the title of King"
- verb: state insincerely
Example: "She pretended not to have known the suicide bomber"
- verb: represent fictitiously, as in a play, or pretend to be or act like
- verb: behave unnaturally or affectedly
- verb: make believe with the intent to deceive
- verb: put forward, of a guess, in spite of possible refutation
Example: "I cannot pretend to say that you are wrong"
- adjective: imagined as in a play
Example: "Dangling their legs in the water to catch pretend fish"
Search for pretend at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse