Definitions of rag:
- noun: a boisterous practical joke (especially by college students)
- noun: a small piece of cloth or paper
- noun: a week at British universities during which side-shows and processions of floats are organized to raise money for charities
- noun: newspaper with half-size pages
- noun: music with a syncopated melody (usually for the piano)
- verb: break into lumps before sorting
Example: "Rag ore"
- verb: play in ragtime
Example: "Rag that old tune"
- verb: cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations
- verb: treat cruelly
- verb: censure severely or angrily
Example: "The deputy ragged the Prime Minister"
- verb: harass with persistent criticism or carping
Search for rag at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse