Definitions of tick:
- noun: any of two families of small parasitic arachnids with barbed proboscis; feed on blood of warm-blooded animals
- noun: a light mattress
- noun: a metallic tapping sound
Example: "He counted the ticks of the clock"
- noun: a mark indicating that something has been noted or completed etc.
- verb: make a sound like a clock or a timer
Example: "The clocks were ticking"
- verb: sew
Example: "Tick a mattress"
- verb: make a clicking or ticking sound
Example: "The clock ticked away"
- verb: put a check mark on or next to
Example: "Tick off the items"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #59698)
Search for tick at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse