Definitions of triple:
- noun: a base hit at which the batter stops safely at third base
- noun: a quantity that is three times as great as another
- verb: increase threefold
Example: "Triple your income!"
- verb: hit a three-base hit
- adjective: having three units or components or elements
Example: "Overcrowding made triple sessions necessary"
- adjective: three times as great or many
Example: "A claim for treble (or triple) damages"
Search for triple at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse