Definitions of yield:
- noun: an amount of a product
- noun: production of a certain amount
- noun: the quantity of something (as a commodity) that is created (usually within a given period of time)
- noun: the income arising from land or other property
- verb: bring in
- verb: be the cause or source of
- verb: give in, as to influence or pressure
- verb: consent reluctantly
- verb: cease opposition; stop fighting
- verb: give over; surrender or relinquish to the physical control of another
- verb: be fatally overwhelmed
- verb: end resistance, especially under pressure or force
Example: "The door yielded to repeated blows with a battering ram"
- verb: be willing to concede
- verb: be flexible under stress of physical force
- verb: give or supply
Example: "This year's crop yielded 1,000 bushels of corn"
- verb: bring about
- verb: move in order to make room for someone for something
Search for yield at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse